Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an aerial and underground Designer with3-5+ years of Civil or Telecommunications Design experience. You are seeking an opportunity to join a dynamic company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture. In this role with Ledcor Technical Services, you will design Outside Plant (OSP) fiber optic communications infrastructure, and work to support the design and construction of backhaul and FTTX networks. You'll be an integral part of the project team, designing networks using a variety of tools, most notably AutoCAD, and ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Ledcor Technical Services is a division of the Ledcor Group of Companies. With over 7000 employees, Ledcor is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Grow your career with this exciting new opportunity. Join our Ledcor team today in San Diego, CA! Responsibilities
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of design
- Designing backhaul & FTTX networks, including outside plant civil structure, fiber networks, pole line design and preparation of permit applications
- Maintaining knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and performing in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Identifying quality issues and suggesting solutions to the team, for discussion
- Reviewing design drawings prepared by others for design compliance and constructability
- Working from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications
- Maintaining organization of project drawing files, records, and documentation while keeping company database current
- 3-5+ years of aerial and underground Civil or Telecommunications Design experience; Quality Control experience an asset
- Graduate from a technical college program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with AutoCAD (version 2015 or newer); AutoCAD Map 3D would be an asset
- Permitting experience would be an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills; experience with Microstation/3-GIS/ESRI/ArcGIS would be an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodologies
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSDESENG* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security