Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Payroll Supervisor with proven leadership skills and a background conducting in-house payroll for a large complex organization.
As the Payroll Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising the Canadian Payroll Administrators, ensuring that all processes are executed in a timely manner by planning, estimating and prioritizing work. You will resolve issues and look for improvements in operational processes and designs and implements those initiatives. The Payroll Supervisor reports to the Payroll Manager, together manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit.
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct a team ofup to sixPayroll Administrators.
- Coach and mentor staff by creating personal development plans, identifying training opportunities and performing ongoing and annual reviews.
- Responsible for processing payroll.
- Participates in payroll end to end testing for new union agreements, new PDBA's, ESU's, vertex updates etc.
- Co-ordinates and participates in all standard year end activities.
- Assist in reviewing and developing standards and guidelines for payroll processing.
- Identify process improvement initiatives.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and collective agreements.
- Coordinates and reviews account reconciliations, and other account reviews, on a quarterly basis.
- Ensures statutory, third party and benefit remittances are reconciled as required.
- Reviews weekly tax and payroll payment reconciliation and liaise with the Treasury group.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining internal controls, by performing periodic internal audits.
- Provide prompt responses to inquiries and requests from Divisional Operations, Human Resourcesand Industrial Relations.
- Five (5) years of recent progressively responsible payroll experience in a complex, high volume, unionized environment.
- Minimumtwo (2) years of experience working in a supervisory role.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation is required.
- Certified Payroll Manager designation or completion of Level 4 in a CGA or CMA Accounting program is an asset.
- Proven leadership and supervisory abilities including performance management and staff development experience.
- Experience with Payroll Systems (i.e. JDE, PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP).
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory and other regulations governing payrolls, benefits, accounting and fiscal procedures.
- Describe other preferred experience required for the position, including length and in what capacity (e.g., operational, management level).
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines regularly.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of dealing with sensitive and/or specialized issues requiring tact and diplomacy to arrive at a satisfactory resolution.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new applications, methods, and techniques.
- Experience processing payroll "in-house" is a strong asset.
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!