Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Manager of Fleet Maintenance looking to leverage your proven skills and knowledge in repairing and maintaining vessels in a challenging and rewarding marine environment. As a strong team player, with excellent communication, organizational and planning skills, you will take a leadership role in establishing a proactive maintenance budget and work plan for each asset, utilizing strong project management and estimating skills. The current fleet consists of nine tugs and twenty-five cargo barges. With opportunities for leadership and career development, you will join our dedicated vessel operations team. Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, oversee and perform all vessel repair and maintenance, including emergency repairs
- Coordinate the purchasing of parts, repair services and supplies
- Perform equipment and vessel inspections, ensuring company assets are in compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Provide continuous, accurate updates of vessel mechanical and operable status and availability to the Vessel Operations
- Maintain detailed records of all maintenance preformed using company programs, including a thorough document trail to comply with International Safety Management (ISM) standards
- Supervise all Company Marine mechanics and labourers, and conduct equipment training for crew personnel as required
- Liaise between vessel Masters and shore personnel to ensure that vessels mechanical, electrical systems are operated safely and efficiently
- Perform a leadership role in adherence to and promotion of the Safety Management System, implementing and maintaining all Ledcor safety standards
- Manage contractors and service providers to ensure effective and efficient completion of work
- Write technical reports and systems manuals for senior staff and crew members as and when required
- Prepare budgets for annual maintenance, vessel upgrade and refit; ensure maintenance costs are in line with budget
- Schedule and plan for overhauls and servicing of all marine assets, including project schedules, and ensure accurate, timely financial reporting of maintenance functions and projects.
- In co-operation with the Port Captain and H&SE personnel, perform monitoring activities to ensure that all vessels comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution prevention
- Five years of port engineering experience in the maritime industry, or equivalent experience
- Possess either Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering (3rd class), or equivalent mechanical experience
- Experience maintaining tugs and barges, with a thorough knowledge of tug and barge structure, machinery and equipment
- Minimum five years in a supervisory role
- Ability to direct the repair of marine equipment on site under adverse conditions
- Team building skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with Vessel Operations
- Demonstrated interpersonal, active listening, and two-way communication skills
- Ability to work through all aspects of the budget and reporting process
- Critical thinking and use of logic and reason to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, in addition to knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!