Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are the Mining Project Manager and are experienced and fully competent in the profession. The Mining Project Manager assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project staff andis responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths.
- May perform other duties as required.
- 3 to 6 years related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role in mining.
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Experience managing projects in the range of 30 to 100 million dollars.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Contract negotiation/management skills.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting.
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries.
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions.
- Familiar with mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices.
- Site based position in Canada or the US.
- In this role you will be required to work on site on a rotational shift.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Date Posted