Full Time Regular Job Summary
Your experience as an Electrician, Carpenter, or Plumber in commercial and residential construction allows you to coordinate and complete construction activities to support the wiring and installation of telecommunication services. Your background in construction allows you to understand inside wiring and fibre service installations in multiplex units, anticipating obstacles and providingcustomized wiring solutions toensure quality work. You enjoy working with your hands while connecting customers to a first class fibre optic network.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today!Responsibilities
- Survey fully finished and occupied buildings to identify the best wiring solutions
- Plan and execute structured wiring from the electrical room to multiple suites
- Install Fibre Optic cabling into multi-tenant buildings
- Drive to and from customer locations in a defined geographic area to perform installation, servicing, and wiring in commercial and/or mixed use buildings; Fibre, Coax, CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
- Previous experience working in commercial or residential construction
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
Travel to project locations in AB and BC will be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
*LTS Technicians* Date Posted