Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a laborer with 1+ years of experience working on construction sites. You will perform general labor duties in all weather conditions and will collaborate with the other crew members to complete work safely and efficiently.
Join our Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today! Responsibilities
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day's tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, aerial placement activities etc.)
- Operates equipment and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- May perform other related duties as required
- A minimum of 1 year of directly related experience
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or educational program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Commitment to following safety policies and procedures and to wearing required personal protective equipment, essential for performing duties in a safe manner
- Proficient with hand tools and familiar with current construction practices and construction documents
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to track and communicate daily production and materials
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and perform other physically demanding tasks, as needed
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and background check
- Ability to travel as much as required
- This role will be located out of our project office in Lexington, KY and will require travel both in state, and out of state
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security