Full Time Temporary Job Summary
As a Human Resources Assistant, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources administration team, responsible for managing the high volume of day to day administration and coordination activities. You have a high-sense of urgency, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. This is a good fit for you if you are looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
Apply now to join Ledcor's talented Human Resources team in Vancouver, BC in this temporary full-time 15-month contract.Responsibilities
- Facilitates and coordinates all administrative aspects of the offer extension, pre-employment and onboarding process, collaborating with recruitment and liaising directly with external candidates to gather required information
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of new hire, data change, termination, benefit enrollment information and all other relevant information related to employee lifecycle into the HRIS and applicable third-party websites within payroll deadlines
- Creates and maintains electronic, physical and HRIS personnel records in compliance with Company policy and all applicable legislation
Provides basic navigational guidance, and rerouting of employee inquiries to HR team members on various HR-related issues including policies, vacation, and benefits programs
- Prepares routine reports for periodic and ad-hoc audit purposes, reviewing information for validity, and actions accordingly in a timely fashion
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 0 - 2 years' experience in an entry-level human resources or similar role in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with a strong customer service orientation
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business Administration strongly preferred
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) with all levels of employees, with an understanding and appreciation of customer requirements
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong technology orientation, with the ability and/or experience to utilize an HRIS system and other technology to create customized reporting to support business objectives
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Office based position
- This is a temporary full-time 15-month contract that is benefit eligible
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!