Full Time Regular Job Summary
As an Apprentice Fiber Splicer you will be responsible for the proper preparation of fiber optic cable in anticipation of the splicing process. You will possess a good working knowledge of telecommunications network structure; familiarity with fiber optic cable, splice enclosures and the functionality of each; ability to use OTDR and the aptitude to operate fusion splicing equipment; familiarity with fiber matrices; capacity to interpret and analyze data; and, ability to identify problems.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Elmhurst, IL today!Responsibilities
- Read understand, interpret, input, and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Operate technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR and the aptitude to operate fusion splicing equipment for single and ribbon fiber, and understand the functioning thereof
- Completion of low level and high-level labor-intensive tasks as well as operation of assigned construction equipment
- Completion of daily production reports to document work performed
- Use of hand tools, ladders, and equipment to assist in the completion of an assigned project
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and work areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Lift and manipulate splice enclosures and other plant and equipment
- Work safely, with or without supervision
- Additional duties as assigned
- At least 1 year directly related experience
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment utilized in splicing fiber
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and familiarity with construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Must be capable of handling logistics and crew assignments
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck, man-lift, etc...
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 50 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted