Full Time Regular Job Summary
Are you motivated to build a career as a Fibre Optic Splicer responsible for the installation, splicing and testing of fibre optic installations? We will support your growth and development with an industry leading training program that allows you to build your career.
You will be part of a team that enjoys working outside constructing the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Fibre Optic Splicer/Tester you will ensure installations are completed and functioning properly.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver today!Responsibilities
- Splices and tests fibre optic cabling in both underground and aerial applications
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations
- Conducts regular field inspections of buried and aerial fiber splicing layout to ensure work quality control and adherence to technical specifications
- Experience working in a hands-on role working with tools and equipment
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of time and production logs
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drugand alcohol requirements
- Travel to various sites across Canada is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted