Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a dynamic Administrative professional seeking a fast-paced critical support role within the Marine industry. You have experience supporting all aspects of office operations can juggle multiple priorities and take on a wide range of administrative responsibilities. Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!Responsibilities
- Carries out a wide range of administrative and operational duties within the marine department including, but not limited to:
- Processing invoices, creating purchase orders as well as managing vendors and inventory for vessel supplies requests
- Manage the Marine Division's MasterCard expenditures, creating weekly expense statements, and accompanying receipts
- Manage the operation, repair, and requisitioning of all office equipment and act as the primary IS liaison for equipment requirements and repairs
- Provide admin back-up for the Dispatchers and for the Marine Crew Scheduler when required
- Create and track all mariners expense reports
- Prepare, edit and process correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications as well as answer incoming calls when required
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors and external suppliers as the first point of contact in the office
- Work with the VP of Vessel Operations and the Operations Manager to take on work load and assigned projects as directed
- Minimum 5 + years' experience in an office administrative position
- Undergraduate degree in business or logistics highly desirable
- Experience within the marine or a related industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook, experience with JDE an asset
- Basic accounting skills desirable, and ability to communicate with finance and accounting colleagues on technical requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Must be safety-oriented, and actively participate in the continuous improvement effort
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity; highly organized and capable of managing multiple assignments
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!