Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a subject matter expert in benefits projects and programs for bothdevelopment and optimization at an enterprise level across Canada and the United States.
Your expertise will help design and shape the strategy for all health andinsurance plans, time-off, well being, and retirement programs for Ledcor employees moving forward.
You have a keen interest in being part of a massive transformation in a large multi-faceted organization and have the ability and interest to put your footprint on the new program while ensuring that the functionality of the existing program is maintained.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
Be part of our HR2020 transformation, be part of our future, apply today to be considered for this career in our Vancouver, BC office.Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the benefits function in alignment with Ledcor's total rewards strategies and programs, ensuring that we are both competitive and are meeting the business' needs across Canada and the US.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with other members or the benefits team and the larger HR benefits delivery team to manage the delivery and evolution of benefits programs and technology by assessing costs and value to Ledcor as an organization.
- Leadthe development of benefits program communication and training tools to support a variety of presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Broker and manage vendor relationships to ensure a high level of collaboration and performance.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with other stakeholders in Ledcor i.e. HR, Finance, Payroll, IT,etc.to ensure creative solutions, policy interpretation, and aiming for a seamless benefit delivery experience to all members of Ledcor.
- Work closely with Labour Relations to provide analysis and support for benefits as it relates to the collective bargaining process.
- Audit benefits data and reports, in conjunction with other members of the HR team, and resolve issues as needed.
- Experience designing multi-faceted benefits programs for large, complex, multinational organizations across Canada and the US.
- Subject matter expertise in government legislation across both Canada and the US as it relates to benefits issues.
- Familiar with all US State and Federal regulations including requirements around disability plans.
- Experienced in using and implementing benefits programs into human capital management systems.
- Are a certified benefits practitioner, and have a proven track record of success applying your knowledge of benefits
- Business Writing skills - employee communications, executive presentations, etc.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to lead a team and help prioritize workload.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and enterprise applications experience an asset.
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, customer-focused and a team player
You will work primarilyfrom our Vancouver office near the Skytrain, harbor airport and Stanley park, and you will travel periodically to other sites and offices less than 25%.
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!