Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a proven leader with analytical experience in forecasting resource needs and scheduling. You possess a strong background working with historical and operational data in driving results. You will be executing on our capacity management strategy and will beresponsible for supporting the customer experience; this is done through leadership and support with cross functional teams including customer resource strategy groups, deployment, finance, and field operations leadership teams. Thoughtful leadership, team work, innovative thinking and strong execution skills will all contribute to your success in this role.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Port Coquitlam, BC today!Responsibilities
- Create and implement resourcing plans using forward looking supply/demand resource forecast models, historical data and operational targets
- Manage, schedule and adjust capacity across assigned responsible region as required by the business, customer and employee requirements
- Participate in weekly meetings with operations management and customer tactical planning groups to ensure interlock of strategy and optimization of resource utilization
- Provide reporting as needed to determine health of the business, trends and/or other reporting metrics
- Enhance performance through improvements in process, strategy or innovative thinking
- Support and generate continuous improvement opportunities
- Liaise with Supervisors and Directors to plan hiring, on-boarding and training of field staff
- Develop effective practices to build relationships between resource planning team and internal clients which include, field staff and recruitment strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients, vendors, service providers, consultants, etc.
- May perform other related duties as required
- 3 years' experience in resource planning and field employee scheduling
- Direct experience with change management required - planning, communication and execution
- Post-secondary education or related work experience
- Experience organizing activities with deadlines and parallel process requirements
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications industry an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a superior customer service orientation
- Advanced aptitude for problem solving, including ability to think critically and use methodical approaches to find resolutions
- Strong analytical skills with ability to take a program from conception to completion
- Able to work with minimal supervision while setting priorities and managing deadlines
- Proven leader with ability to interact at all levels of an organization delivering presentations, training and appropriate messaging
- Strong computer skills across a variety of planning and user software including JD Edwards and Microsoft Office suite
- Some travel will be required to site and/or office locations within Canada
- An ability to work a flexible schedule as required is a definite asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted