Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator who takes pride in safe work practices. If you have previous experience operating dozers (D6-D9), excavators, and/or haul trucks (777's) within the oil sands, then take advantage of the opportunity!
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Fort McMurray, AB. This is a camp-based position with chartered flights from Edmonton and Calgary.Responsibilities
- Operate up to a size 850 excavator to perform heavy civil work around pipelines, utilities, and piles in a very congested plant setting
- Operate dozers ranging in size from D4-D9 to move and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
- Operate a skidsteer; loader for MSE (Mechanically Stabilized Earth) wall construction
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections, completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, and logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- May perform other related duties assigned
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Must possess oil sands experience
- Must have previous experience in a tailings or industrial construction environment
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Must possess valid OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess valid Emergency Level or Standard First Aid Level C certification
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Applicants who reside in Edmonton, AB; Calgary AB; and Fort McMurray, AB and surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project.
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!