Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced commercial construction Safety Coordinator who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.Responsibilities
• Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
• Ensures all subcontractor documentation is on site and follow-up on missing documents
• Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees
• Supports the safety team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors' safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
• Attends Foreman's meetings and Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) meetings
• Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel
• Maintains all site health and safety documentation including subcontractor documentation, health and safety inspections, audits, daily hazard assessments, toolbox talks and safe work procedures
• Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of the daily work-site health and safety inspections
• Identifies corrective action to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health and safety
• Maintains a working knowledge of, and provides consultative advice to project site personnel on, the interpretation of local and provincial regulations as they relate to both public and work-site safety
• Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interfacing and communicating with regulatory authorities, all levels of management, clients, contacts and visitors to promote safety
• Performs other related duties as assignedRequirements
• 5+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety experience; commercial construction project experience is strongly preferred
• Fully qualified CSO, NCSO. CRSP or working towards CRSP designation.
• Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
• Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
• Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
• Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
• Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
• Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirementsWork Conditions
Office based with some travel may be required.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!