Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Health and Safety Leader who has extensive experience in a fast paced, dynamic, pipeline construction environment. As the Safety Manager for a major pipeline project, you will mentor, coach and supervise the professional safety staff in their work. You are a recognized leader in the health and safety function and you know how to earn the respect of both your staff, project management and your customer.
Join our Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Responsible for building the HS&E team for the project including mentoring, training and coaching of HS&E personnel
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for creation and implementation of HS&E program on project site(s)
- Responsible for being the liaison with security, emergency management personneland avalanche monitoring sub-contractors to ensure execution and adherence to Ledcor's HS&E programs
- Work closely with Ledcor's camp manager to ensure execution of Ledcor's HS&E programs
- Recommends to Senior HS&E management and Operations on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs and enhance the HS&E culture for their site(s)
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs
- Applies expertise to solve problems within the HS&E program guidelines for their site(s)
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long term HS&E objectives
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain agreement as needed
- Provides guidance and oversight for incident investigations/management on project site(s)
- 15+ year's Health and Safety leadership experience in pipeline construction is required
- Experience in AB and BC is required
- Experience creating and implementing safety plans that include emergency management, long spread, right of way access, stock pile yards etc.
- Preference will be given to those that hold a current CRSP designation
- Must possess an OH & S Certificate or Diploma as a minimum
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Is action oriented and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Identifies opportunities to improve
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HS&E program and practices, health and safety regulations, and proactive safety activities and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- On-site in various locations in BC during construction
- Camp based role
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!