Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Engineering Manager with expertise in mainline large diameter pipeline project management, design and engineering in areas such as geohazards, steep slopes, 3D civil modelling, pipeline design, trenchless crossings, and utility infrastructure.
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for conducting final reviews of all third-party design work and scope documents related to pipeline projects to ensure constructability and accuracy, assisting with the development and implementation of field design solutions. You will manage a team of industry professionals responsible for coordinating the necessary regulatory, land and permitting approvals for the project.
Join the Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Supervises a team of direct reports, providing training and coordinating with Designers to develop work scopes and bid documents.
- Ensures ongoing employee development and engagement within business unit through implementation of Ledcor employee performance development and management programs.
- Prepares proposals and estimates, conducts reviews and provides costing analysis.
- Ensures scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments.
- Assists with ensuring that the project meets defined internal and external scorecard metrics and other targets for quality, schedule and budget.
- Provides feedback and collaborates with other outside Design & Engineering Managers for design changes and process improvements.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement performance strategies to support project.
- Provides oversight of subcontractor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for subcontractor selection.
- May perform other duties as required.
- 10+ years of related work experience with large diameter pipelines, 5+ years managing Designers or Engineers.
- Completed post-secondary education in Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional Engineering designation in Alberta and/or British Columbia is an asset.
- Familiarity with pipeline construction techniques and experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and application of codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial).
- Strong interpersonal skills to grow & enhance strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to plan and organize team workloads for multiple project deadlines and quality standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong existing relationships within pipeline or infrastructure engineering sector and a solid understanding of typical client core values.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Date Posted