Full Time Temporary Job Summary
As a Manager, Community and Stakeholder Relations for a large construction project, you will support the project Owner/client in the development and execution of a stakeholder and indigenous engagement plans. In this role, you will utilize your strong communication and planning skills to ensure that all engagement initiatives are fully executed and reported on.
This position is project based. The location is in Edmonton, AB with travel to Valemount, Blue River and Clearwater, BC.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to have an impact on local, regional and indigenous communities, then this opportunity is for you. Join the Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Support the development of and deliver against a stakeholder engagement plan to ensure strategic, consistent, measurable and regular reporting of engagement with key stakeholders and communities.
- Act as the key construction liaison to the project Owner/client, partnering with the operations leadership, indigenous relations, stakeholder engagement, training and recruitment teams to engage indigenous, local and regional communities.
- Collaborate with Owner/client representatives, to ensure commitments to the community are being fulfilled, including regular reporting.
- Accountable for tracking project hires on-boarding; such as training documentation, drug and alcohol testing and compliance tracking.
- Onsite resource acting as a liaison between Recruitment and Operations teams.
- Oversee the integrity of indigenous consultation processes and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that indigenous contractor/employee representation meets labour market availability.
- Ensure agreements with indigenous communities are monitored and upheld.
- Conduct research and needs analysis of engagement initiatives; recommend and report on specific initiatives report and provide recommendations.
- Working with the Owner/client, support the organization and facilitation of consultation meetings, town halls, open houses and round tables within the community.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the communities.
- Working with the Owner/client, support the development and execution of communication plans and strategies to support engagement activities.
- Identify opportunities to provide community benefits through economic participation, training programs, sponsorships and donations.
- Communicate effectively with business leadership regarding ongoing initiatives, upcoming events, issue escalation and other information.
- Work with the Owner/client to resolve issues with key stakeholders, ensuring timely attention, resolution, tracking and reporting
Interface with public affairs for any media communications.
- Act as a brand ambassador within the community.
- University degree in Business, Communications, Government or Public Relations preferred.
- 10+ years' experience with stakeholder relations, indigenous relations or government & public affairs.
- Previous experience working on complex project initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to write effectively and present information to different audiences.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proactive, self-directed and results oriented.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol requirements.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Site based position.
- Ability to travel extensively to various communities impacted by the project.