Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a technically skilled individual with expert level knowledge in performing assessments on telecommunications and local companies' overhead distribution systems. You are familiar with performing structural analysis using tools such as SpidaCalc, QuickPole and OCalc to assess structural integrity and address non-conformances with standards. You'll be an integral part of the project team by leading and mentoring teams.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Mississauga, ON today!Responsibilities
- Quality assurance reviews of outside plant design and analysis of utility pole-line infrastructure (aerial permit applications)
- Quality assurance reviews of make-ready analysis, solutions and recommendations for over-utilized utility pole assets
- Prepares safety repair work reports for submission to the local distribution company
- Performs structural assessments of pole line infrastructure according to CSA 22.4, Ontario Regulation 22/04, Utility standards and industry best practices
- Creates and reviews structural assessment drawings and make-ready analysis for submission to authorities
- Coordinates with fiber design leads to ensure scope of work has been met
- Oversee and mentor work of junior designers / technicians
- Ensures the engineering practice is in accordance with Professional Engineers of Ontario guidelines
- Ensures scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Coordinates with field supervisor to ensure quality of field data is maintained for structural analysis
- Performs and reviews quality control field surveys
- University degree in engineering (civil, structural or electrical is preferred)
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) registered in the province of Ontario
- Engineering experience in civil and/or structural discipline
- Experience working with utility companies is considered an asset
- Experience with structural analysis tools and software (SpidaCalc, OCalc, Quick Pole)
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fiber optic network design and construction experience is considered an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.Date Posted