Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an entry-level or skilled Labourer who has experience working in the pipeline industry and is familiar with working on and around natural gas pipeline (hotline).
Join the Ledcor Industrial Maintenance team from August until October (or project completion)! Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of labour tasks such as hand digging of hotlines, removal of existing coatingon pipeline, site set-up, setting-up hoarding, etc.
- Act as a swamper for heavy equipment
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Maintain all equipment and tools in good and safe working condition and report any findings to lead hand
- Move equipment and materials between sites
- Participate in daily tool box talks and take an active role in Ledcor's health and safety program
- Other duties as assigned by the site supervisor
- Must have a minimum of 1 to 2 years construction experience on and around pipelines
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks as needed
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Ability to workunderminimal supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Previous direct pipeline integrity dig experience is an asset
- Class 1 driver's license is an asset
- Ability to operate skid steer is an asset
- 17/4 shift rotation with 15 days on site and 2 days of travel; working 10-12 hours/day with travel on first and last day of the shift
- Must be flexible working an adjusted shift schedule if required
- Extensive travel required to various project locations
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a bright and exciting future working with a long-term client. The role of our ideal applicant is to ensure that our client's needs are met while also expanding our portfolio for future services to be offered.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.