Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Contracts Manager with experience in large scale pipeline construction projects. As the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating and interpreting all types of construction contracts, subcontracts, insurance policies and related legal documents. You will identify and mitigate contract risks and support the project team in the interpretation of legal documents related to the project.
Come join our Ledcor Pipeline team today!Responsibilities
- Assists project teams in their review of tender and bid documentation and provides recommendations on contract terms and conditions. Identifies and discusses contracting and subcontracting risks.
- Reviews bid clarifications and/or qualifications and related business opportunity documentation drafted by project teams.
- Recommends alternative qualifications or additional bid or contract wording to mitigate, contain and/or transfer risk exposures.
- Provides guidance and support to project management in negotiations leading to the finalization of contracts and subcontracts.
- Engages clients and subcontractors in the execution of the change management process, including negotiation and execution of contractual items.
- Liaise with corporate counsel on contracting and risk issues where significant legal implications arise from the contracting process.
- Advises and assists project management on the preparation and drafting of various ancillary agreements to support project activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 10 years of experience with construction contract legal documents, claim and litigations reviewing, drafting and negotiation.
- Experience with negotiating and resolving contractual risks and recommending mitigation practices.
- Experience with claims management and public private partnership structures and construction agreements would be an asset.
- Understanding of the contracting and project risks inherent in the construction industry.
- Ability to identify relevant issues involving contract wording and details; proven ability to advocate for proper contract wording.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple concurrent tasks for a number of project teams from different business units.
- Site based position in BC.
- 6 days on/1 day off shift rotation working 12 hours per day in remote locations during project construction.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Date Posted