Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Total Rewards Leader looking to leverage your compensation, mobility and benefits expertise within a large, complex organization.
You are a strong leader who will lead our Total Reward Community of Expertise (CoE) forward in the development, optimization, and communication of Ledcor's total rewards programs and policies, including utilizing data and analytics to inform future activities.
Your team will support both the Canadian and US total rewards programs, in the spirit of supporting Ledcor's strategic objectives.
You are a big picture, creative thinker and problem-solver with the ability to prioritize and focus in order to organize, manage and deliver tangible products and outcomes.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
Join one of Canada's best corporate cultures as the Director, Total Rewards in our waterfront downtown Vancouver, BC offices, today!Responsibilities
- Provides overall leadership and direction, including budgeting and resourcing, to the Total Rewards CoE to ensure comprehensive programs and practices are linked, aligned, and provide meaningful value to the business.
- Participates as a member of the Human Resources Leadership team by contributing to overall direction and strategy of Human Resources programs and service offerings at Ledcor
- Provides overall direction for compensation reviews, job evaluations, salary surveys, salary ranges and analytical reporting
- Partner with HR Leadership and business leaders to identify and develop total rewards strategies, identify gaps and opportunities, and prepares recommendations to address them.
- Manages corporate salary review process and bonus review process. Ensures that the processes are executed according to the timeline and plans
- Oversees the design and review of Ledcor's Canadian and US benefit and retirement (401K and RRSP) plans annually, including performing market evaluations as required
- Oversees Ledcor's mobility program to ensure timely and cost-effective practices are in place to address business needs.
- Provides guidance and advice to senior leaders and human resources team members regarding the interpretation of salary ranges, job families and job evaluation criteria
- Reviews and recommends new compensation initiatives that effectively support the needs of the business.
- Develops market intelligence to identify trends and ensures that benefit and compensation levels and practices are market competitive to enable the attraction and retention of key talent
- Implements effective communication strategies to ensure HR, Leaders and Employees understand relevant total rewards programs and policies
- Identify key metrics to determine the overall effectiveness of total rewards programs and inform future initiatives and investments.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of Total Rewards technology necessary to support companywide needs.
- Oversee vendor relationships, contract terms, contract negotiations and ensuring fulfillment of service level agreements
- Completion of a degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in compensation, benefits and job evaluation, ideally with several years' experience in a senior leadership position with an enterprise-level, multi-national organization.
- Experienced with different compensation models, benefit plans, job evaluation and career level structures.
- Proven experience developing and using analytics to understand trends and build compelling business cases and drive sound decision-making.
- Deep technical expertise in the area of compensation, benefits, and job evaluation programs
- Digitally savvy and experienced with leveraging HR technology platforms that support total rewards programs.
- Proven experience as an adaptive leader and change agent who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong leadership qualities and skills with the ability to lead, inspire and motivate staff, by sharing a common vision, gaining buy-in, building trust and coaching.
- Proven track record of leading and influencing; exceptional collaboration, relationship and consultative skills with demonstrated success building partnerships with internal and external contacts at all organizational levels.
- Strong business acumen and political and business savvy
- Strong project planning and management skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel skills
Primarily based in our downtown offices on the beautiful Vancouver, BC waterfront area, close to the Skytrain and Stanley park, this position will have regular travel ~25% to our other offices across North America.
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!