Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Outside Plant Construction Operations Manager is responsible for all scopes of work within the pre-construction, construction and splice/testing phases of an overall project relating to the installation of Fiber Optic Networks. As the Construction Operations Manager - OSP, you will develop and execute project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality standards are achieved. You have a good understanding of civil utility infrastructure, universal line assignments, and municipal restoration requirements.
Join our Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today!Responsibilities
- Manages and coordinates all OSP construction activities including subcontractor awards ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Implements the Project Construction Execution Plans; directs field staff in the daily & weekly planning process.
- Achieves or exceeds project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Directs and approves the development and implementation of construction redesign & schedule recovery plans as required.
- Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
- Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Controls Manager.
- Coordinates subcontractor call-outs with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance.
- Conducts weekly coordination meetings with field staff & subcontractors.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance.
- Responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
- Monitors and approves all RFI (Request for Information) replies to the subcontractors.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Understands thesafety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the Safety and Quality Managers.
- Coordinates with the Field Engineers or Design Engineers on engineering deliverables.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- 10+ years of construction experience in a strategic or direct management role with demonstrated ability to successfully lead high-performing teams.
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline is an asset.
- Complete understanding of fiber optic underground & aerial construction, permitting and locates.
- Working knowledge of HDD rig and related equipment including pumps, pressure mud pumps and recycling equipment.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Excellent customer service focus and team player.
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Preferred knowledge of using the following applications: Google Earth & ESRI Based GIS platforms.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, driving record search and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Combination of office and field
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security