Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You will lead telecommunication maintenance projects and mentor project staff and other managers. As you implement the project plan and schedule, you will ensure safety and quality control, and delegate work to the project team, contractors, and trades people.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today! Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Ensures that projects are maintained according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the maintenance schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 8+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology.
- Strong negotiation/management skills.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Strong understanding of construction costs and budgets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs.
- Ability to determine a problem's root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns, and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to understand and present complex ideas, anticipate potential objections, prepare cases accordingly, and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Skilled in facilitation, mentoring, and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- You will be required to travel to various project locations and offices.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSDESENG* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security