Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Director of Corporate Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E), will report to and take strategic direction from the Vice President of Corporate HS&E.
You will connect with, influence and align executive leaders and HS&E Leaders, within each operating group, to the Corporate HS&E strategy.
You are an integral part of leading a team of health and safety professionals and are responsible for the delivery and management of Ledcor's Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Program.
Join the Ledcor Corporate Leadership team in Vancouver, BC, or Edmonton, AB today!Responsibilities
- Lead a Corporate HS&E team with a focus on performance and development, not accepting average
- Acts as a HS&E leader to all Ledcor senior leaders on broad cross-functional HS&E Management Systems topics
- Ensures Corporate HS&E Action Plans are aligned with Operating Groups objectives
- Works with Ledcor senior HS&E team, operations and other shared services to identify, develop and implement Ledcor change management initiatives to enhance Ledcor's safety performance
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership on the development, implementation and enhancement of Ledcor's HS&E Management System
- Uses business acumen and collaboration to align the HS&E Management System to operational business needs
- Leads the development and updates to HS&E policies
- Communicates regulatory or Corporate HSE policy changes to Ledcor HSE governance committee members
- Leverages internal and external resources and expertise to develop focused business practices across Ledcor
- Facilitates/ Leads/Participates in corporate wide initiatives to identify and develop best practices.
- Mentors HS&E professionals
- Leads the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of Ledcor's HS&E Program within our Core Management System
- Represent Ledcor on external committees and be a participant/influencer on regulatory review (OHS and Environmental) when industry input is called for by the various jurisdictions
- You have a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HS&E leadership with at least 5 of those years at senior leadership level
- You have a Degree, Diploma or Professional Certification in HS&E or equivalent; CRSP and post-secondary business education will be an asset
- You influence stakeholders and operational leaders through consensus and engagement, driving toward business objectives
- You are results oriented with a continuous improvement mindset and experience in project and change management
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without authority enabling you to inspire teamwork, confidence and cooperation.
- Experience in developing & implementing HS&E Action Plans, and HS&E program/practice management and validation
- You have strong business acumen and technical/functional HS&E expertise coupled with clear and concise communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- You are an innovative thinker, offering creative solutions to problems with the ability to anticipate business issues and align HS&E operational priorities
- You have experience establishing short/mid-term work plans and optimizing resources to ensure HS&E objectives (e.g., aligned with productivity, quality, costs) are consistently met
- You have a focus on providing the quality of process to successfully empower the business to lead safety
- This is an office based position that will require regular travel to various project sites and office locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!