Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced environmental professional who has experience on pipeline construction projects. As the Environmental Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of mitigation measures, and compliance of the project to all relevant, environmental plans, permits and approvals. You will provide advice and recommendations to the Senior Environmental Manager regarding potential environmental risk and solutions for risk mitigation. You are responsible for the day to day operations and function of the Construction Environmental Management team.
Come join our Pipeline team in Valemount today!Responsibilities
- The single point of contact for all Ledcor Environmental Coordinators, Terrestrial Specialist, when required, and liaison with the Environmental Compliance Lead to adhere with required client environmental submissions.
- Key interface within the Ledcor Project Team and provides in field support to construction activities, managing all aspects of the environmental field work and collaborate with the Aquatic Monitoring Lead ahead of and during construction for all water course crossings.
- Performs environmental impact monitoring and analyzes results.
- Develops and implements appropriate mitigation measures.
- Conducts field reporting and record keeping on behalf of Ledcor and the project management team, adhering to regulatory compliance as required.
- Plans and oversees various aspects of water management, including erosion and sediment control and storm water management.
- Oversees all aspects of environmental incident preparedness, including training, response and reporting.
- Requirements 8-10 years of experience in an environmental assessment role.
- Previous field experience is required.
- Experience working on a mainline pipeline construction project is required.
- Post-secondary education, Diploma or Trade Certification focused on Earth Sciences (Biology, Geography, Forestry, Fish and Wildlife) is required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Erosion and sediment control planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of water sampling (turbidity monitoring).
- Environmental monitoring skills.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Site based role in various sites in BC.
- Rotation is 6 days on and 1 day off, 12 hours per day.
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!