Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Journeyperson or Apprentice Carpenter who takes pride in safe work practices. If you have experience working with concrete forming within an industrial construction environment, then take advantage of the opportunity!
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Kearl Lake, Wood Buffalo, AB. This is a camp-based position with chartered flights from Edmonton and Calgary. Responsibilities
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, and measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Understands industrial concrete forming and engineered forming systems to accurately build concrete forms, scaffolding, bridges, trestles, tunnels, shelters, towers, and other structures
- Checks completed units to be sure they are level, square, plumb, and the right size, shape, and location
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Journeyperson Carpenter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a Registered Carpenter Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Non-ticketed carpenters must provide proof of hours relevant to the industrial carpentry trade.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous experience working in an industrial setting
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification in combination with OSSA Regional Orientation; or OSSA Basic Safety Orientation
- Must possess valid Emergency Level or Standard First Aid Level certification
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Applicants who reside in Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; or Fort McMurray, AB and surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project.
- Must be open to night shifts
- 14/7 schedule working 11 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!