Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Wireless Project Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations by developing and monitoring project performance against project plans / schedules to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget for multiple projects within the LTS group. The position requires a strong team player with excellent communication and computer skills with initiative and the ability to work independently and juggle multiple deadlines.
At LTS, we build and service all types of communications networks for customers across North America.
The LTS Wireless Division is capable of building and maintaining Wireless sites for Broadband, Microwave and Cellular providers. This Division has the capability of building wireless sites (macro and DAS) from the ground up, working in buildings and on towers and rooftops for our clients. Leveraging our specialty trained LTS Technicians across Canada; we also offer the installation and commissioning of wireless equipment and emergency restoration in support of wireless communication carriers across Canada.
Join LTS in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Responsible for all potential project estimating including regular bid walks with customers for the purpose of providing a quote to build wireless sites, microwave hops and any other wireless work.
- Organize and leverage pricing from electrical, civil and mechanical contractors, or Ledcor Construction, to place together bid documentation. Solicits and Awards subcontracts for specific work scopes as required.
- Acts as the main point of contact with the client / owner and protects LTS and the owner's interest in carrying out the work.
- Responsible for the installation / commissioning of wireless equipment and coordination of existing technicians as required.
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual opportunities.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and work meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Develops and updates the construction schedules and project plans.
- Maintains and tracks costs and billings and reports regularly on variances from expectations against the budget and schedule
- Provides strong leadership to all project members; capitalizing on individual and group strengths
- Performs other related duties as required
- Manage project budgets, financials and contract values
- Civil Engineering / Construction Management or other relevant Degree/Diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years in Wireless projects as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role
- Must have a solid understanding of the nuances of wireless site and DAS builds and an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to build a
- DAS and cellular site
- Experienced in fiber installation, splicing, testing is an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities within multiple phase projects and possess a track record of successfully managing large, complex projects
- Excellent computer skills will be required including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a widespread team and provide valuable mentorship
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and manage teams to achieve the company's goals
- Contract negotiation / management skills
- Knowledge of construction project costs and budgets
- Ability to build a strong health and safety conscious culture in the work site
- Travel to work sites throughout the province will be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted