Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a safety conscious class 1 truck driver with experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
You will be directly responsible for the safe operation of trucks in a crowded, fast-paced working environment. Your ability to ensure the safety of yourself and others is paramount and always top of mind. You're a team player who is willing to lend a hand whenever assistance is required in order to get the job done. This is a long-term project opportunity with NO camp or travel provided.
Join the Ledcor Site Services team in Fort McMurray, AB now!Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Operates all functions of double-axel and tri-axel trucks, including staging and hauling procedures
- Operate haul truck safely and efficiently
- Coordinates truck activities with the excavator and other truck operators
- Maintains the truck in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate (BSO)
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and a valid class 1 driver's license
- Minimum 1-2 years appearance operating trucks in tailings maintenance environment
- Must possess a valid RSTS (Roadbuilders Safety Training System) certification
- Able to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Long term maintenance project
- No camp is provided
- No travel compensation provided
- $5.00 an hour up to $50.00 a day will be provided as a local living premium
- Daily transportation to and from town provided
- 14/7 shift rotation, working minimum 10 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Site Services offers a unique set of maintenance services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From tailings pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!