Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced and adept Project Manager looking for an opportunity to assume a leadership role, wherein you will provide guidance to project staff and assume responsibility for the smooth functioning of day to day operations. In this role, you will develop and implement agreed upon project plans, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and in compliance with all build quality and safety standards. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of each particular FTTX design project assigned. This will include, but is not limited to, schedule performance, cost actuals versus budget, cost tracking and management, design quality, reporting accuracy, project tracker accuracy and timeliness, communication updates and interfacing with the broader FTTX team, client, vendors and community.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Elmhurst, IL today!Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to Design Consultants and distributes workload to capitalize on vendor capacity and design deliverable quality.
- Hosts regularly scheduled status meetings with Design Consultants to drive schedule, promote accountability to on-time milestone deliveries and assist with removing road blocks.
- Establishes design and permitting priorities and communicates to design consultants.
- Reports Design Consultant progress and schedule to internal teams and client stakeholders.
- Manages schedules and reporting through proprietary online workflow management system.
- Ensures that the quality of consultants' designs and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in contract specification documents.
- Achieves or exceeds project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections, and implements trade awards and design work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Provides strong leadership to design team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths.
- Works with internal project management team to contribute to internal projects that create business efficiencies.
- Effectively tracks, reports and communicates FTTX design project progress, including resolving and providing solutions to any project roadblocks.
- Provides early communication on potential due dates, intervals and/or budget slips to business unit leadership.
- Participates in FTTX project meetings and effectively supports the overall FTTX project effort.
- Develops detailed baseline FTTX schedule upon project, and maintains this schedule throughout the course of the project, with updates as often as required but no less than weekly.
- Reviews and approves FTTX design sub-contractor invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensures that as-built drawings for FTTX are received upon completion of construction for each segment.
- Supports Owner meetings as necessary.
- May perform other duties as required.
- More than 3 years of related work experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Completion of post secondary education in Project Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Understanding of design documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the Owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Knowledge of project management and workflow management tools.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Visio, and other Office Suite software.
- Contract negotiation/management skills.
- Knowledge of design costs and budgets.
- Understanding of methods for bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting.
- A track record of effectively motivating people and maintaining relationships with clients, Owners and consultants.
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries.
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Travel to various project locations and offices may be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSDESENG* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security