Full Time Regular Job Summary
You will report to the VP & Corporate Controller,providing strategic leadership to the Corporate Accounting team, managing all aspects of external financial reporting and internal corporate management while overseeing day-to-day operations and team performance. You will collaborate with divisional leadership and finance teams to enable alignment and champion transformational change within the organization.
You will lead a team of finance professionalsto execute against corporateFinance objective including: strategies, roadmaps, budgets, projects and services in a world of >$3B annual revenue andmultiple legal entities acrossNorth America.You have a backgroundthat worked its way through a top tier public accounting practice with exposure to audit and financial planning& analysis (FP&A) at an enterprise level.
Do you believe you have what it takes to tackle this challenging finance leadership role? Apply today to take the first step to joining our team in our Vancouver, BC head office.Responsibilities
- Oversees internal corporate management reporting operations including consolidation of budgets and forecasts
- Drives the strategic development of KPIs and dashboards, integrating the work performed at the divisional operating unit level into a corporate reporting dashboard
- Oversees all aspects of the corporate external financial reporting operations, including preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements
- Leads the Company's evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards
- Collaborates with operations, legal and tax groups to structure new partnering agreements with co-venturers
- Collaborates with divisional finance teams to maximize the capabilities of the current finance systems and contributes to the development of the strategic roadmap
- Provides direction and strategy in the transition to a new finance team operation model
- Collaborates with senior finance teams to evaluate financial controls across divisions, advising on internal controls and related process
- Oversees continuous improvement projects to identify and mitigate financial risk
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the corporate accounting group, ensuring that the team is working effectively and exceeding divisional expectations through coaching, mentorship and performance development opportunities
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the centralized payroll processing team, supporting the development of a strategic roadmap and providing guidance on the resolution of issues and internal controls
- Minimum 10 years of post-designation corporate accounting experience
- Previous experience in a management/leadership role
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated operations, accounting, and business process experience
- Superior knowledge of complex accounting concepts, techniques, and principles
- Strong leadership skills to motivate, coach, and mentor team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relationship building, influencing and facilitation
- Superior knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion or other large ERP system
- Experience with Financial reporting tools to utilize dashboards, KPIs etc.
- Experience in a role with ultimate responsibility for Payroll and Corporate Finance Overhead budgets
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
Though this role is based in our head office in downtown Vancouver near the skytrain, Stanley Park, and Canada Place, there will be some travel to other offices (less than 25%).
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!