Full Time Regular Job Summary
At Ledcor we value integrity, accountability and insist on quality and outstanding customer service. We are seeking a career-oriented and experienced Claims Adjuster/Examiner with competency in the property and casualty field of adjusting. You will become a key member of the Risk Management team and a crucial liaison between operations and Ledcor's insurer's. The claims portfolio will be varied, and you will also support the Risk Management team with administrative duties from time to time.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- You're organized and a master multi-tasker. Your attentive to detail and can effectively manage your time and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You are experienced. You have a background in handling multi-line claims.
- You're analytical. You connect the dots and apply your skill set to solve problems.
- You take initiative. You don't wait until you are told what to do. You anticipate operational needs and are resourceful in getting the required information to get your job done.
- You are professional and client-orientated. We service clients across North America and take pride in our reputation and managing our relationships.
- You are a team player. Our office has a collaborative atmosphere where learning from other and teaching others is important.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor's True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Performs full cycle claims handling from FNOL to negotiation of settlement and final payments on self-insured losses
- Reports new claims via our corporate insurance broker to applicable insurance companies
- Liaise between operations and outside insurance representatives (independent adjusters, appraisers, examiners) during the claims process
- Reviews policy wording and analyzes policy coverage to ensure insurer settlements align
- Maintains and manages a comprehensive claims database - ensuring accurate and detailed electronic records, including scanned attachments and up to date notes
- Strong investigative skills with a keen attention to detail and ability to determine/assess liability
- Experience with the subrogation process
- Creates monthly reports for senior management distribution and prepares other loss runs as required or requested by operations.
- May perform administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Claims environment
- Post-secondary degree, training or business-related courses, programs and/or licenses
- Completion of at least 4 CIP courses and committed to CIP graduation
- Experience with Property and Auto liability are preferred; familiarity with General Liability, Builder's Risk and/or Wrap-Up Liability claims would be an asset, but not required
- Subrogation experience preferred
- Background in understanding and interpreting policy wordings
- Strong Excel skills, experience with BI dashboards is a bonus
- Demonstrated negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to deal with a high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and be flexible to changing business needs
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!