Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're an Estimator with 2 - 4 years' of experience working on multi-disciplinary commercial, residential and retail construction projects. You are proficient in the preparation of hard bid / lump sum tenders, but also enjoy and excel in the creativity and challenges that come with conceptual estimates, design-build projects and the pre-construction process. Under direction and guidance, you will provide support in preparing estimate packages, quantity take off, sub-trade solicitations and negotiations, budgets, cost analysis, document control and competitive bid comparisons.
Join our Building Construction team in Bellevue, WA. today! Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- Assists in contacting trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Produces quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate as directed, while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Performs complete and detailed estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Assists in developing the schedule on which the estimate is built, requests input from the project team and sub trades
- Actively reviews bid scopes for proper subcontractor compliance with project requirements
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractors within a database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements
- Is actively aware of costs related to own work and associated projects, and assists with input to the estimating team on financial cost matters
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with the estimating team, and all levels of management, industry contacts, and contacts subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of post secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineer and or related education
- 2-4 years related industry estimating experience
- Developing technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assist construction document review
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule on smaller less complex projects
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and related estimating software
- Knowledge of BIM modeling
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and proposes solutions using standard procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Willing to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Office based position; occasional travel to project sites may be required
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Building Construction USADate Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security