Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Designer of Outside Plant (OSP) Civil infrastructure, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (aerial and underground) and producing civil and permitting designs of proposed telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the project team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver today! Responsibilities
- Layout and design of the telecommunication network elements in accordance with the network design criteria, including route selection, construction technique identification (open trench, directional bore, plough, aerial)
- Perform right of way and route assessments to confirm corridor constructability
- Conduct site walk for data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction permits
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Responsible for the preparation of detailed construction drawings depicting all underground and above ground elements and proposed work
- Creating and submitting civil construction permits to regulatory authorities
- Completing accurate and detailed field notes, drafting, validating cable routes and network element placement and interface
- Perform structural assessments and loading calculations on aerial communications plant.
- Application of industry standards, CSA codes and client specifications to design projects
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- Travelling and working on site as required
- 0-5 years' experience working within Telecommunications OSP construction designing facilities involving copper, fiber, and coax cable networks using CAD or GIS based software
- Graduate from a technical college program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS) (equivalent experience would also be okay)
- Experience with construction permitting in the BC or Alberta is considered an asset.
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted