Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a qualified accounting professional seeking an opportunity to grow your career in the aviation industry. With strong finance background and your CPA designation, you will apply your knowledge in the fast-paced corporate office. As the Finance Manager you will oversee full-cycle accounting functions across the company while providing financial analysis and making recommendations for process improvements. Further to this, you will supervise and mentor staff, provide training and assist with hiring and performance reviews.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position in a dynamic work environment, apply today to join the Summit Air & Summit Helicopters team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Supports the preparation of management reporting deliverables for all company entities and business units, including financial reports, forecasts, and key performance indicators. Manages compliance reporting to meet regulatory requirements.
- Prepares monthly Board and Corporate reporting deliverables. Supports the preparation of pricing and investment returns analysis.
- Collaborates with Operations to provide support during budget process. Provides other financial support and analysis as required.
- Leads variance review meetings with Operations.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to Summit Air and Summit Helicopters' accounting team by assigning and outlining specific activities, advising on technical problems and reviewing individual work
- Develops and maintain accounting policies and procedures to meet the needs of the growing aviation division. Identifies gaps and recommends solutions or process improvements to assist the company in meeting short- and long-term strategic goals.
- Intervene and act as escalation point with vendor representatives, client representatives and project teams for issues that project accounting staff cannot solve on their own
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- CPA designation required
- Previous experience in public practice and/or within the aviation industry would be an asset
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with computerized accounting systems; familiarity with JD Edwards or other ERP system preferred
- Solutions-oriented, with a proven ability to manage successfully in a complex, ever-changing environment
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with demonstrated success dealing effectively with clients, vendors, peers and senior leadership
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Vancouver, BC based position
- Occasional travel to other sites may be required
Summit Air, a Ledcor subsidiary, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted