Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a qualified accounting professional seeking an opportunity to grow your career in the transportation industry. With strong finance background and your CPA designation, you will apply your knowledge in overseeing the full-cycle accounting functions across the company, while providing financial analysis and making recommendations for process improvements. Further to this, you will supervise and mentor staff, provide training and assist with hiring and performance reviews.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position in a dynamic work environment, apply today to join the Summit Air & Summit Helicopters team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Supports the preparation of management reporting deliverables for all company entities and business units, including financial reports, forecasts, and key performance indicators.
- Prepares monthly Board and Corporate reporting deliverables.
- Prepares pricing models and internal rate of return calculations.
- Collaborates with Operations to provide support during budget process. Provides other financial support and analysis as required.
- Presents actual vs. budget variances with Operations, and investigates variances as required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to Summit Air and Summit Helicopters' accounting team by assigning and outlining specific activities, advising on technical problems and reviewing individual work
- Develops and maintains accounting policies and procedures to meet the needs of the growing aviation division.
- Leverages business acumen to identify gaps and recommends solutions or process improvements to assist the company in meeting short and long-term strategic goals.
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- CPA designation required
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Proven strong performer with strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with demonstrated success dealing effectively with clients, vendors, peers and senior leadership
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with JD Edwards or other ERP system preferred
- Proven ability to manage successfully in an environment with changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Vancouver, BC based position
Summit Air, a Ledcor subsidiary, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted