Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Foremanwith experience working on Civil Construction projects. You enjoy managing workers and motivating them to complete projects on schedule. As the Foreman, you will be responsible for implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, which includes: safety, quality control, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat today!Responsibilities
- Supervise a crew of Operators and Labourers performing earthworks support for foundations, road building, and underground piping.
- Interface with the client and other contractors on site.
- Utilizes the appropriate management skills to lead team effectively in the day to day execution of the work.
- Understand specifications, drawings, and surveying staking and able to translate and communicate this information into the physical operations in the field to ensure that the scope responsible for is being constructed to the approved plans and specifications.
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with the Client, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and direct hire trades.
- Directly responsible for organizing the job site and the crew in order to carry out the project plan.
- Plans work in sequence to maximize progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Oversees work progress to control quality, resolve problems, assist and give advice when required.
- Ensures the proper tools in the correct quantity are available to the crew.
- Assists the Superintendent in determining crew requirements during progression of work.
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility.
- Supports the management team in ensuring quality for the client by providing the highest quality service.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have previous experience supervising earthworks crews on utility, industrial plant, and road building projects.
- Minimum of 5 years related project experience.
- Meet productivity requirements in a safe and consist fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems).
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Field based role in Kitimat, BC.
- This role requires working primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to facilitating project success by providing a workforce with representation from the Indigenous and local communities. We will have this commitment in mind when considering your job application. Date Posted