Full Time Regular Job Summary
You, as our Senior Payroll Manager, are responsible for ensuring consistent and timely Payroll functions through your team of payroll professionals, for a complex enterprise level organization while adhering to all legislative requirements.
You will oversee full-cycle payroll for unionized and non-unionized employees in Canada and the US, including year-end processes.
You will liaise with our business leaders to understand various business needs, work on consistent improvement and development of the payroll functions for Ledcor and provide solutions to any Payroll service delivery issues.
You are a change manager capable of eliminating obstacles, identifying a pathway forward and consistently leading your team to successful outcomes.
Are you up for this leadership role on our financial team? Apply today to join us in our downtown Vancouver, BC offices.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction toa Payroll team of 8 to ensure the efficient& effective delivery of payroll services to all of Ledcor's operating groups and employees.
- Provides mentorship and development opportunities to team members in the pursuit of operational excellence.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with other teams as a leader, project owner and payroll subject matter expert to execute on priority projects, developing a thorough understanding business requirements to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll processes/procedures todevelop and implement changes to improveand optimize payrollservice delivery.
- Researches and makes recommendations for system enhancements to drive improved accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborates with the Information Servicesteam to manage all software updates impactingour JD Edwards payroll system.
- Manages the year-end processes for all countries, working closely with the Team Leads; from mock balancing to final tax form production.
- Ensures appropriate risk management and business continuity strategies are designed and implemented for the Payroll team to maintain agreed performance standards in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures.
- You have a post secondary education in business, accounting, finance or another related program
- Ideally you are a certified payroll manager, though that is not a requirement for this role
- You have 10+ years of experience in a global payroll leadership role, with experience in both Canadian and US payroll systems
- You have demonstrated experience successfully leading, coaching and mentoring a team of payroll professionals
- Experience planning and implementing business reform and change management processes
- In-depth knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency, Revenue Quebec and IRS payroll rules and regulations
- Youhave familiarity with expat, shadow, mobility and global payrolls
- You skilled with a variety of software programs including the full suite ofMS Office programs as well asenterprise level payroll software (JD Edwards (JDE) ideally)
- You are as comfortable presenting information to senior leaders as you are managing the details of a spreadsheet or a complex project.
This office-based role is situated in our waterfront offices in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC with close proximity to the Skytrain and Canada Place.
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!