Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Marketing and Communications professional looking for an opportunity to exert a positive influence on an established and reputable company. As the Internal Communications Specialist dedicated to Ledcor's Constructors division, you will work with business leaders to develop strategies for employee-facing communications to help increase employee understanding of business-related programs and initiatives. Linking actions to business goals.
Ledcor's Internal Communications function sits within HR and your experience in a similar environment is an asset. You will also enjoy being a part of Ledcor's broader Internal Communications team, working closely with other communications professionals across the organization to develop enterprise-wide communication programs. Working in a collaborative environment, you will promote Ledcor's True Blue culture by creating compelling content that engages and inspires employees in the company's vision.
Ledcor's Constructors division is focused on dynamic construction, engineering and maintenance projects throughout Canada and the US. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an esteemeddivision that proudly offers turnkey solutions to oil and gas clients, and has built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team in Edmonton, Alberta today!Responsibilities
- Acts as a resource to Business Unit leaders and HR Director when rolling out new programs and other key internal initiatives; provides guidance on developing communication plans in support of business objectives.
- Uses a creative marketing approach, with a variety of tactics, for communication initiatives to encourage greater employee engagement.
- Supports employee communication initiatives from strategic concept through to execution and detailed production; uses a structured communication planning approach to ensure objectives and outcomes are clearly defined.
- Builds and drives content, including sourcing/writing/editing for internal use; ensures content is specific to intended audience groups.
- Ensures all communications are focused on maintaining and strengthening Ledcor's culture by ensuring strategic fit and appropriate tone and messaging.
- Monitors employee feedback and topics of discussion to identify communication opportunities.
- May perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of communications experience required. Experience working in an internal communications role would be seen as an asset.
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications strategies and implement tactics to help maintain and strengthen company culture.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to create professional, interesting and impactful messaging tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with various contacts both in person and over the phone.
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of AdobeInDesign, Photoshop and Illustratorwould be seen as an asset.
- Must be able to work independently and stay organized to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer service focus and a team player.
- Ability to work within a team based project environment and assume a team lead role for specific projects as assigned.
- Office based role.
- Up to 20% travel.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!