Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an organized and detail-oriented Project Coordinator with civil experience in an industrial construction environment. Interacting with a wide range of operations and project staff at all levels, you will provide technical support in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray today!Responsibilities
- Coordinates with field staff and sub trades to resolve engineering/material issues by reviewing codes, specifications and IFC documentation and if necessary, proposing a resolution to the engineer of record through the RFI process.
- Performs general administrative and record keeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
- Acts as a main contact for sub trades, internal and external clients and attends progress meetings.
- Redlines IFC documents to reflect current as-built conditions in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Prepares material take off from IFC documentation and uploads it into the materials management system to ensure alignment with schedule requirements.
- Prepares RTPs and purchase requisitions based on the material take off.
- Provides Supply Chain/Procurement with technical support to ensure that all materials meet the requirements set by the specifications and IFC documentation.
- When specified material is unavailable, researches and proposes equivalent substitutions.
- Contributes to the project turnover by collecting signed RFIs and redlines.
- Participates in Ledcor's safety program by attending weekly safety meetings and monthly safety inspections as well as submitting weekly interventions.
- May perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Civil or Mining.
- 3 to 6 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience, preferably in civil construction.
- Must have Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting experience.
- Familiar with industrial construction methodology and practices.
- Able to read and understand construction documents.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Heavy Bid and Primavera 6 would be an asset.
- Experience with Blue Beam software to assist with the development of work plans and construction sequencing.
- Strong technical writing skills to produce Field Installation Work Packages (FIWP's) and Construction Execution Plans.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout.
- Site based role on rotation.
- Camp accommodations provided.
Ledcor Site Services offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance projects. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent's largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now! Date Posted