Full Time Regular Job Summary
You, as the VPO, will be responsible for the management and day to day Ledcor forestry operations which includes the cantmill, chipping facilities, sales and logistics.
You are as conversant and comfortable in an operations management environment, as you are, dealing with financial business planning matters or presenting to a board of directors.
You will report direct to the President of Ledcor Resource and Transportation and be accountable for the overall performance and profitability of the day-to-day operations; for the mill and logistics.
Your path to success in this role is simple; develop and implement strategies to maximize profits while continuously improving production quality and safety, as well as identify opportunities to grow our market and customer base.
Interested in exploring this role in more detail? Get in touch today for the potential of joining our team in Vancouver, BC.Responsibilities
The VP of Operations is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and direction of the operations and providing the necessary guidance and direction to subordinates, ensuring the execution of the actions arising from the strategic plan. It will be important to provide timely feedback and guidance for both subordinates and fellow executives on operations-related issues.
You, as the ideal candidate, are a senior executive in a complex, labour-intensive, business dealing with unionized and non-unionized employees. Experience could include forestry, manufacturing, energy, mining etc., or other industrial sectors where labour costs are a major production input and where production optimization is key to the business' financial health. Broad experience leading manufacturing, operations, production, supply chain, safety, and finance is ideal.
A preferred candidate will also have superior business acumen and an ability to manage change in the business through the development, communication, and implementation of a clear strategy with an eye for measuring the success of that change.
You will be leading cantmill operations, sales and logistics within a forestry setting in Western Canada. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Finance or a related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, groups and major projects or initiatives in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Forestry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills
- Excel at operating in a fast paced, community environment
- Provide guidance for operations management.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a constantly changing workload while maintaining a high level of integrity and accuracy to meet key deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to identify problems and then develop and implement solutions
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial analysis, accounting, reporting, and budgeting effectively and efficiently
- Ability to wear many hats - from senior level strategy work to hands-on work
- Ability to think strategically and make quick decisions
- Demonstrated success in multitasking in a rapidly changing environment
- Though this role is based out of our offices in Vancouver, BC, travelling regularly to our mill in Chilliwack and other forestry operations, and it will likely be necessary to travel to other places in Canada and the US periodically.
In addition to a competitive base compensation package commensurate with education and experience, we offer a full spectrum of benefits, matching RRSP, variable pay, and an outstanding long-term incentive program that only an employee-owned company can offer.
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!