Full Time Regular Job Summary
You, as the Senior US Tax Manager, will be responsible for managing all US corporate income tax matters including compliance, research, planning, audits and appeals.
Your focus within this position will be the preparation of highly complex income tax returns for a large group (50+) of entities that includes corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, operating in all 50 US states.
You have an eye for detail and are interested in finding stability in a long-term position with a company that is a best in class employer.
Explore this important career, based out of our offices, either in Vancouver, BC or Austin, TX.Responsibilities
- Prepare US federal and state consolidated, combined and stand-alone corporate income tax returns
- Prepare US federal and state partnership income tax returns
- Perform analysis and provide tax advice in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings and reorganizations
- Manage external consultants
- Manage internal tax analysts
- Review legal agreements.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or similar area of focus
- Minimum 5 years senior level experience in a corporate tax department or a national public accounting firm, preparing complex corporate and partnership income tax returns for multiple entities operating in numerous states.
- Strong understanding of technical tax rules pertaining to consolidated groups and partnerships.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience dealing with and applying multi-jurisdictional and multi-state tax codes to a variety of corporate entities.
- Experience training junior or mid-level staff
- Experience reviewing work performed by junior or mid-level staff
- Ability to manage many variables as it relates to obtaining and analyzing information and applying it to meet multiple tax filing deadlines throughout the calendar year.
In addition to a competitive base compensation package commensurate with education and experience, we offer a full spectrum of benefits, matching RRSP, variable pay, and an outstanding long-term incentive program.
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security