Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a senior HR professional with over 3 years of experience working with large business portfolios. From workforce planning to investigations and beyond, you are exceptional at instituting a collaborative approach with business leaders, while identifying people-related solutions in a complex environment.
You, as theHR Business Partner will support Ledcor's(LTS - telecommunications)division, which is focused on dynamic telecommunications sales, service, construction, engineering and maintenance projects throughout Canada and the US.This is an exciting opportunity to work with an esteemeddivision that proudly offers turnkey solutions to major telecom clients, and has built some of the continent's largest fibre-optic projects.
As the HR Business Partner, you will utilize your exceptional communication skills to partner closely with members of the business to ensure a smooth and consistent flow of people-related services to divisional leaders and staff.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
This position will be located in our waterfront offices in Vancouver, BC. Join Ledcor today!Responsibilities
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provides both operational and generalist HR leadership and support to the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals, and offer strategic solutions
- Provide guidance and assistance to salaried employees and managers on a wide range of human resource issues, including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, employee retention and engagement, harassment investigation, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in workforce, and HR policies and programs
- Collaborate with Ledcor's HR team on new initiatives, and leverage team expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives to the client group
- Communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and roll-outs at the divisional and site level
- Actively participate in HR project work, such as development of new human resources strategies for specific divisions or the organization as a whole
- 3-5+ years of solid, professional-level generalist human resources experience, ideally in a Business Partner role
- Proven experience advising and collaborating with operational business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Previous experience with start-ups and/or high growth companies preferred; familiarity with acquisitions and business integrations would be an asset
- Experience developing and implementing business solutions in medium to large, complex environment
- Solid understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation
- Experience working in a Federally regulated industry would be a distinct asset
- Proven skills in coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management
- Ability to utilize effective influencing strategies to build respect and trust with business leaders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on dynamic business demands and requirements
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Requires approximately 30% travel within North America
- Must be eligible to travel in the United States
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!