Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced technology leader who is skilled in enterprise technologies, and you have played a critical role in delivering IT solutions that optimize activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
You, as Director, Compliance and Projects are responsible for providing leadership in the management of technology advancement and innovation of Ledcor systems, with a focus on gathering and understanding the current and future needs of the diverse Business Units within the organization to ensure a value-added outcome of technology services.
Ledcor's Business Technology Services portfolio includes all manner of online communication systems and technology infrastructure to ensure that Ledcor is able to deliver results for our clients.
Join Ledcor's Information Services team in Edmonton, AB today!Responsibilities
- Provides strong leadership to a high-performing team of technical analysts and specialists, and manages the team's strategic direction with enterprise-level cloud-based software applications. e.g. Office 365
- Ensures technology initiatives are aligned with strategic direction and business objectives by setting priorities, coordinating projects and resources, developing ongoing communications with key business stakeholders, and reporting activities for the group while driving best practices to maximize the technology's potential; provides solutions to improve efficiencies in support of business strategies.
- Oversees analysis and evaluation of current and proposed technology-related solutions that address business initiatives, including the measurement of value achievement for the technology selected.
- Leads ongoing analysis and review in the areas for systems improvement, risk management, and optimization in order to deliver best-in-class
- Offers well-researched solutions for implementation of technology systems to ensure compliance and security for the overall Ledcor systems.
- Directs team in the installation, configuration and testing of newly architected business solutions.
- Increases visibility and awareness of security in the development and upgrading of Ledcor's technical infrastructure.
- Ensures exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction at all times.
- Provides leadership in leveraging technologies, processes, and disciplines for delivering best-in-class project methods.
- Accountable for managing a departmental budget.
- Minimum 10 years of broad experience in the technology industry, with 5-7 years of experience managing people in an IT/IS function, preferably at a director level.
- Post-secondary education in information systems or computer science, or equivalent related experience
- Relevant technology certifications, such as MCSE, MCSA, Oracle, SQL, etc.
- Proven experience in overseeing multiple large, diverse projects and budgets (up to $20 Million)
- Proven business savvy, and the ability to develop strong working relationships with business unit decision-makers and IS managers
- In-depth understanding of databases, networking, Windows systems administration, Linux, Cloud, and virtualization technologies
- Understanding of and exposure to ITIL and COBIT required
- Understanding of ERP software tools such as JD Edwards would be considered highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching and development, with ability to manage teams both virtually and locally
- Effective relationship management and communication skills, with demonstrated success dealing effectively with customers, vendors, peers and senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to embrace change
- Travel of between 25-30% to other offices and remote sites will be required.
You will be working from within an office environment but must be prepared to travel throughout Canada and the U.S. and work safely and carefully with sophisticated equipment.
Our Information Services (IS) team ensures our teams stay connected to each other and have access to technology that supports the growing demands of our business. With services ranging from technical support to software development and enterprise systems management, our IS team supports all of Ledcor's technology needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!