Full Time Regular Job Summary
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation - and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
Our technicians are responsible for the connection of residential and business customers to the largest fibre-optic telecommunications project in Canada. As a Drop Technician you will complete the installation of fibre drops completing the customer's connection to this first class fibre network supporting the project build in communities across Alberta and BC. Our employees have the opportunity to participate in our industry leading technical and workmanship training programs. You will complete a thorough and rigorous training program that equips all of our employees with the skills and tools they require to be successful at LTS and in the marketplace.
This position is great for people who enjoy driving local roads, working outdoors and operating independently with a best in-class approach to customer service.Responsibilities
- Position Responsibilities
- Drive to and from residential and small business customer locations in a defined geographic area, performing aerial drop installations on behalf of our client
- Performing NIB installations on homes
- Operate equipment and a vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor's safety program
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Utilize handheld tools
- Work outdoors at the customer location
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Support the Lead technician as part of a small team of technicians dedicated to installing aerial drops
- Previous experience from the following industries will be considered: Telecommunications, home Installation and service for electronics and appliances, retail, security, automotive service, cabling, electrical, electronic signage and mechanical.
- Previous work experience in telecommunications in installation and repair an asset.
- Previous experience at aerial placement an asset
- Previous management experience an asset but not essential.
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, and working at heights and in confined spaces
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that enables you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Evenings and weekend work is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc)
- As a part of meeting customer and project requirements, technicians may be required, from time to time, to travel on extended work assignments (ranging 2-6 weeks) away from home
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted