Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Blast Hole Driller who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment in a surface pit operation. You will be operating a Cat 5150 Drill to drill blast holes in a large open pit surface mine.
Join the Ledcor Mining team near Eureka or Reno, NV!Responsibilities
- Operates and understands mechanics of a top head drilling unit equipped with multi-function joy sticks and GPS on a mine site
- Drill blast holes 23' to 45' in depth
- Complies with all company, client, legislated safety policies and procedures of drilling in a large open pit surface mine
- Detects and performs small mechanical repairs to the drill
- Accomplishes all drill production targets set forth without harming the drill
- Comprehends all drill tooling, their functions and how to properly and safely apply to the drill rig
- Understands the limitations of the drill rig and the performances it can safely provide
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must possess drilling experience, on a mine site using a Cat 5150 Drill
- Must have thorough knowledge of drill patterns and the structure in which they are developed
- MSHA surface certification is required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol and medical/physical capability requirements
- Successful criminal background screen may be required
- 12 hour day shifts
- Ability to work overtime may be required
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security