Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced construction professional who has 5 or more years of Health and Safety experience, as well as familiarity with Quality and Quality Management systems. Drawing on your education and experience, you will partner with front line supervisors and operations staff to ensure the project teams are meeting and exceeding the DBLLC's safety and quality standards on project sites.
Join our Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today! This position supports the Kentucky Wired Project. Responsibilities
- Implements, coordinates, and maintains DBLLC systems and procedures in accordance with project specifications and design requirements
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of work-site health, safety, and environmental protection inspections, daily toolbox safety meetings, weekly tailgate meeting, Field Level Hazard Assessments, and other tools and processes within the DBLLC HS&E Program
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions to ensure project specific Quality Management information is readily available including the completion of required Quality Assurance documentation.
- Performs regular worksite inspections and supports audits as required to verify the effective implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program and Quality Assurance Plan.
- Ensures subcontractor compliance with installation specifications, construction drawings and procedures, and other Quality documents applicable to the work being performed.
- Supports the project team to identify appropriate corrective actions to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health, safety, and environmental protection
- Perform ongoing inspections to ensure compliance by all field personnel to the Quality Control and inspection procedures; promotes the idea of continuous improvement throughout the project
- Participates in the planning of Quality items related to the phases of construction
- Assist the Site Quality Manager, Project Quality Manager and/or Project Safety Manager with updating and maintaining the Project Specific Safety Plan, the project Quality Management System, and Project Quality Plan
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- 5+ years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; telecommunications, fiber optic experience is preferred
- Significant experience in fiber optic construction (both aerial and underground) required; supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of state and federal OSHA requirements including 29 CFR 1910.268, and prior experience in fall protection
- General familiarity with ISO-conformant Quality Management Systems and concepts is considered an asset
- Office and site-based position
- Travel required, approximately 10% overnight
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security