Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Construction Manager who possesses the skills and abilities to successfully execute Heavy Civil and Mining projects. You will provide technical and operational direction to project superintendents, ensure appropriate staffing levels, and provide supervision and guidance to site employees, ensuring construction operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner. This role is a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Come join our True Blue team today!Responsibilities
- Provides guidance to the operations for the entire Business Unit by understanding client requirements and business unit objectives.
- Provides guidance on assigning the appropriate resources to the appropriate projects (people and equipment).
- Acts as a resource for trouble shooting and problem solving with respect to field operations.
- Acts as a senior resource and assist on project start up to ensure efficient and effective ramp ups. May be required to spend rotations on the job to support these efforts.
- Manages and supervises costs and profitability for all projects in the Business Unit through the reviewing of weekly and monthly project reports (cost reports, production reports, progress curves, performance curves and schedules) and ensures that the company meets the defined targets.
- Manages the equipment fleet, including equipment utilization and repair and maintenance expenditures through the reviewing of weekly and monthly equipment reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures at the business unit level in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Assists in the development of, and ensure adherence to, safety policies and procedures in alliance with Ledcor's corporate safety program.
- Pursues and develops new business opportunities for the company. This includes participating in the estimating process.
- Leads and manages employees ensuring ongoing communication, performance management, and development.
- Mentors staff, primarily Superintendents and other field staff.
- Participates and takes a leadership role in meetings and strategy sessions with senior level management.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- 15 years + experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Diploma or trade certification related to construction is an asset.
- CET designation or equivalent is an asset.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior management.
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that the business outcomes are being achieved.
- Ability to coach and develop team members through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development.
- Has developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to translate the appropriate information to project teams to ensure effective that they are complete, protect the owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets and relate it to efficient execution strategy.
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule.
- Ability to understand equipment repairs and maintenance and relate it to development of competitive equipment rates.
- Has developed expertise in the area of safety within the organization.
- Anticipates problems and challenges, and proposes innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with the organization's objectives.
- Influences strategic and other issues which affect the business internally and externally, makes presentations at senior management level.
- Manages performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
- This position is both office and field based. It will require travel to various project sites in Canada.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!