Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced leader with 15+ years of Heavy Civil and Mining experience. As the General Superintendent, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of day-to-day field operations by establishing and monitoring performance targets for projects and staff in multiple trades. You will lead a team of superintendents on various projects, ensuring company policies and procedures for safety, scheduling, budget, quality control and client satisfaction are met, while using industry knowledge and experience to drive long-term objectives.
Come join our True Blue team today! Responsibilities
- Ensures that Superintendents are equipped with the resources required to efficiently complete projects according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes while ensuring that safety regulations are strictly followed.
- Takes a leadership role in developing quality policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes safety on projects, addresses escalated safety issues, and participates in safety discussions at senior management level.
- Oversees, leads and helps produce regular safety meetings as required.
- Leads development of complex project schedules, integrating multiple schedules and resource management.
- Ensures manpower, materials, tools & resources are available to meet the schedule for multiple disciplines.
- Assists estimating team with development of the schedule, execution plan, and labour requirements for large-scale project pursuits, providing analysis of manpower and equipment resources.
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to overall project staff and managers in multiple related teams, setting organizational priorities and allocating resources to meet operational objectives.
- Leads subcontract and supplier selection, procurement and negotiations.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Diploma or trade certification in construction is preferred.
- CET designation is an asset.
- 15 years + of construction experience in Heavy Civil and Mining projects.
- 15 years + in a strategic or direct management role with demonstrated ability to successfully lead high-performing teams.
- Thorough understanding of current construction practices, complex construction documents, contracts, costs and budgets.
- Ability to recognize and analyze key issues and patterns in complex situations, developing less obvious solutions across current scope of responsibility.
- Ability to develop and foster long-terms relationships with key stakeholders in relevant construction marketplace while building and mentoring a strong leadership team.
- This position is both office and field based. It will require travel to various project sites in Canada.
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!