Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced and hard-working individual seeking a casual opportunity in field of facilities management. In the role as Facilities Coordinator, you will assist the Marine Facilities Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre (VHFC).
This role will primarily involve work on Fridays and weekends throughout the winter months, with the potential for ongoing work in the spring and summer season.
This is an excellent opportunity for a new grad or student seeking to gain experience in the aviation and transportation industry. Apply now to join the VHFC team in Downtown Vancouver!Responsibilities
- Assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the seaplane terminal on a daily basis and effective seaplane operations oversight
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the supervision of all operator personnel activities within the terminal and on the docks
- Provide facility orientation and training on fuel system procedures for all operator personnel working at VHFC; monitor performance of personnel
- Oversee all aspects of the mechanical operation of the facility and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Carry out routine maintenance procedures on terminal equipment, dock, and fuel system on a scheduled basis, including minor repairs
- Maintain fuel deliveries, testing, and inspection of fuel system
- Liaise with seaplane operators on daily operations, and report to Facilities Manager
- Observe and maintain security and public safety according to regulations
- One to two years of experience in facilities coordination or in a similar role preferred
- Experience and training in facilities management and maintenance would be an asset
- Training in fuel system maintenance, or related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining the highest safety standards
- Flexible and adaptable, with a good work ethic and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Weekend work will be required
The Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre (VHFC) is a partnership between the Clarke Group of Companies and The Ledcor Group of Companies. VHFC is a world class seaplane terminal designed to be an open access facility, bringing a higher level of service and new flight options to business and leisure travelers. Learn more at www.vhfc.ca .
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted