Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Accounting Manager is responsible for corporate reporting, requiring expertise in consolidations, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting. This individual oversees the coordination of the annual audit and tax financial statement preparation. Audited and unaudited financial statements with reconciliations and supporting schedules are key deliverables.
The Accounting Manager liaises with the finance groups within the Ledcor divisions to provide support and to monitor and enforce financial controls and policies. This position manages the financial reporting team and provides coaching and mentoring.Responsibilities
- Performs and oversees monthly full cycle accounting, including divisional reporting and analysis and reviews work of team members.
- Reviews quarterly and annual financial statements, both audited and unaudited. Works with auditors, following up with operations or team members, and coordinating audit enquiries.
- Oversees team providing budgeting, forecasting and other accounting support to both Shared Services and divisions, and resolves or escalates any challenges raised by the team. Performs hands-on accounting duties and reviews work of team members, including review of financial controls and adherence to policies.
- Oversees the preparation of tax and other regulatory reporting. Performs hands-on reporting and reviews work of team members.
- Supports significant transactions and contract reviews. Participates in process improvement and automation projects.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA designation required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive, accounting management work experience within a complex and dynamic organization.
- Background in the areas of audit and consolidation required.
- Full comprehension of GAAP, and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting policies.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong interest and understanding of reporting systems, preferably Hyperion Financial Management.
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (or a similar large ERP system) an asset.
Our Finance team is responsible for all corporate accounting, payroll, treasury, and taxation functions for the Ledcor Group. We provide prompt, accurate service and a professional approach to meeting and anticipating Ledcor's financial needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!