Full Time Regular Job Summary
The Long Haul OSP Designer is responsible for creating Outside Plant (OSP) construction drawings and specification based on data and measurement of existing plants and utilities gathered on-site. This individual contributes to route selection and optimization, identifies permit requirements and creates permit packages to support the construction team on a range of design and permitting issues.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team today!Responsibilities
- Develops the layout and design of long-haul network OSP elements in accordance with network design criteria, incorporating safety into all aspects of designs.
- Develops and defines optimum route corridors and identifies type of construction required, taking into consideration environmental and permitting constraints.
- Performs right of way and route assessments to confirm the cost-effective constructability of route corridors.
- Conducts site visits to collect data of surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for submittal to local jurisdictions to obtain construction permits.
- Collaborates with project team to ensure schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained.
- Collaborates with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues.
- Maintains organization of project drawing files, records, and documentation while keeping company database current.
- Ensures that all drawings are in compliance with company standards and state and local codes and ordinances.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design or construction of outside plant telecommunication networks/infrastructure or civil permitting
- Design experience using CAD based software, preferably AutoCAD
- Experience with civil construction permit preparation an asset
- Ability to read and interpret outside plant records (data, maps) and fiber network design drawings
- Familiarity with fiber optic construction practices (directional drilling, ploughing, cable placing, splice and test) preferred
- General understanding of construction documents, drawings, and specifications; knowledge of current construction practices considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- This is an office-based position
- Occasional field work and travel is required;
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security